Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Caught Up

...
Well, that's all my 'archive' posts completed.  From now on, all new posts here at Nothing But The Tooth!

And I guess the first order of business is to break the news that, unfortunatly, I did not get the job I was interviewed for recently.

I was informed that myself and the other candidate were very similar and that the only difference was that she had come across as 'slightly' more confident ... and that's what got her the job.

That doesn't exactly do much to help my confidence really!

On a brighter note, I was enlightened as to the many other applicants; there had been 40 job applications for the job, not one was a qualified dental nurse, we had all applied in the hope of getting a training position.

Only one in ten were invited to an interview.  Out of those four, myself and the other woman went through to a second interview, then the third and final.

Now that the initial disappointment has worn off I think I can say with some certainty that I will eventually be successful.  If I'm good enough to come 2nd out of 40 applicants then I'm damn well good enough to win a position elsewhere.

The practice offered to keep my details on record, explaining that they were still growing and expanding - reassuring but not something I can pin my hopes on.  It's lovely practice and I'd be thrilled to work there one day, but for now it is not to be.

On the plus side, I do have a shiny new electric toothbrush, as promised.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment